Import lathe question

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      I've never heard of that brand. What I would do is to go to the
      Grizzly site (www.grizzly.com) and look at their 9 X 20 unit. Its a
      typical example of an asian lathe sold by multiple companies. See if
      this is what you are seeing in the other unit.

      If this *is* the one, be aware that with some shopping, you can find
      this lathe at $599.- (Harbor freight on sale) and it comes with
      accessories at that price.

      Don't pay too much for used!

      veeguy
    • ragnikragnikragnik
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        Thanks Vee guy and I have a local HF store about 25 miles from me and
        I have seen the 9x20 on sale for that price. I agree I dont want to
        pay too much for a used machine that may be very worn out after 25
        years or so. Regardless of the tooling it has with it. I do know tha
        the 9x20 that grizz and HF have seem to need a lot of tweaking to get
        them running nicely but i would bet that a 25 year old import would
        too. Thanks

        Ross \