daves speed reducer,plans wanted please

  • andy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
      i have been looking at the photos of daves speed reducer and was
      wondering if anyone had the plans for this or something similar.i have
      taken rough measurements on my own machine but wanted to confirm them
      and get the width,length etc right.regards andy
    • James Early
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
        Andy
        Richard never did a dimensioned drawing of this item. A lot of how you build
        it will depend heavily on the parts you use for the other reduction phase.

        > i have been looking at the photos of daves speed reducer and was
        > wondering if anyone had the plans for this or something similar.i have
        > taken rough measurements on my own machine but wanted to confirm them
        > and get the width,length etc right.regards andy

      • Doug Pfaff
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
          I too would like plans.

          --- andy <topchippie1@...> wrote:

          > i have been looking at the photos of daves speed
          > reducer and was
          > wondering if anyone had the plans for this or
          > something similar.i have
          > taken rough measurements on my own machine but
          > wanted to confirm them
          > and get the width,length etc right.regards andy

          > --------------------~-->
          > Yahoo! your home page

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/RUTolB/TM

        • andy
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 27, 2005
            being an impatient type i have started building one just using the
            photos as a guide and seeing what works best as i go.i am using some
            spare seig pulleys but in reverse which should give a reduction
            of .55 which should give a low gear speed of around 700 and a high
            one of 1650 which would cover anything i should need.all i am
            looking for is more torque at low speeds even though it aint so bad
            as it is.once it is finished i can post details if it is
            successful.i am fitting it to a seig c3 which i have bought for the
            sole purpose of making it as good and functional as it can be,a
            project in itself,so i think i shall be visiting this group
            regularly.let me know if you want the details.regards andy