Re: OT NEW look, Please Complain

  • Keelan Lightfoot
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
      I just joined a couple mini-lathe groups, and have been reading through
      the back-log of messages from years past. I have been using Yahoo
      groups since the eGroups days, and I hardly noticed the switch from the
      old format to the new format; except for one small irritating thing in
      the web based message browser -- the next button moved back in time,
      and the previous button moved into the future. So, I clicked the link
      for submitting bugs, described my problem, and the next day -- wether
      it was related specifically to my complaint or not, the problem was
      fixed.

      So, if you are having problems with the new interface, or if it is hard
      to read, or clunky to navigate, let them know -- software developers
      aren't psychic. They seem to be open to suggestions. Regardless of what
      the advertisers want, without joe and jane average -- or joe and jane
      machinist -- reading and posting to the groups, they've got nothing.

      My two bits. I'll go back to lurking now.

      Keelan
    • kendall
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2005
        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Keelan Lightfoot <keelan@m...> wrote:

        > I just joined a couple mini-lathe groups, and have been reading through
        > the back-log of messages from years past. I have been using Yahoo
        > groups since the eGroups days, and I hardly noticed the switch from the
        > old format to the new format; except for one small irritating thing in
        > the web based message browser -- the next button moved back in time,
        > and the previous button moved into the future. So, I clicked the link
        > for submitting bugs, described my problem, and the next day -- wether
        > it was related specifically to my complaint or not, the problem was
        > fixed.
        >
        > So, if you are having problems with the new interface, or if it is hard
        > to read, or clunky to navigate, let them know -- software developers
        > aren't psychic. They seem to be open to suggestions. Regardless of what
        > the advertisers want, without joe and jane average -- or joe and jane
        > machinist -- reading and posting to the groups, they've got nothing.
        >
        > My two bits. I'll go back to lurking now.
        >
        > Keelan

        I agree, I aired my complaints, and they were all straightened out,
        from the previous/next issue, to the choice of display (simple or
        expanded) when you visit 'my groups', the only wish now is that it
        would keep the same settings from visit to visit.

        I have also been using the groups since pre-yahoo, and as stated,
        it's a great setup, there are other groups on line, but yahoo beats
        all that I've seen.

        Ken.