Re: OT NEW look, Please Complain

  • hudakjm@mcmaster.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
      That may be so, but if it is then why did they go to all that trouble
      to change it with the knowledge that it will probably tick people off?
      I agree that it's more likely due to some new whippersnapper coming in
      to Yahoo and trying to show of by changing everything. I've seen it
      happen way too many times.

      Also if we are here to feed the advertising machine then maybe we
      should just let the advertisers know that we are unhappy and that,
      because it is now so difficult to use Yahoo, that we will not be
      reading their ads. I'm certainly going to let Yahoo know that it will
      have a negative effect on my reading the ads.

      > I agree that the new look stinks, but I think that you guys are
      > wasting your time complaining about it. You seem to think that you
      > are Yahoo's customers.
      >
      > You are not.

      snip .........
    • xlch58@swbell.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
        If you have a great big honking high resolution display it looks
        great. I do and I like it. But not enough that I want to see
        everyone else suffering with it.

        Charles

        hudakjm@... wrote:

        >That may be so, but if it is then why did they go to all that trouble
        >to change it with the knowledge that it will probably tick people off?
        > I agree that it's more likely due to some new whippersnapper coming in
        >to Yahoo and trying to show of by changing everything. I've seen it
        >happen way too many times.
        >
        >Also if we are here to feed the advertising machine then maybe we
        >should just let the advertisers know that we are unhappy and that,
        >because it is now so difficult to use Yahoo, that we will not be
        >reading their ads. I'm certainly going to let Yahoo know that it will
        >have a negative effect on my reading the ads.
        >

        >> I agree that the new look stinks, but I think that you guys are
        >> wasting your time complaining about it. You seem to think that you
        >> are Yahoo's customers.
        >>
        >> You are not.
        >>

        >snip .........
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Keelan Lightfoot
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
          I just joined a couple mini-lathe groups, and have been reading through
          the back-log of messages from years past. I have been using Yahoo
          groups since the eGroups days, and I hardly noticed the switch from the
          old format to the new format; except for one small irritating thing in
          the web based message browser -- the next button moved back in time,
          and the previous button moved into the future. So, I clicked the link
          for submitting bugs, described my problem, and the next day -- wether
          it was related specifically to my complaint or not, the problem was
          fixed.

          So, if you are having problems with the new interface, or if it is hard
          to read, or clunky to navigate, let them know -- software developers
          aren't psychic. They seem to be open to suggestions. Regardless of what
          the advertisers want, without joe and jane average -- or joe and jane
          machinist -- reading and posting to the groups, they've got nothing.

          My two bits. I'll go back to lurking now.

          Keelan
        • kendall
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2005
            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Keelan Lightfoot <keelan@m...> wrote:

            > I just joined a couple mini-lathe groups, and have been reading through
            > the back-log of messages from years past. I have been using Yahoo
            > groups since the eGroups days, and I hardly noticed the switch from the
            > old format to the new format; except for one small irritating thing in
            > the web based message browser -- the next button moved back in time,
            > and the previous button moved into the future. So, I clicked the link
            > for submitting bugs, described my problem, and the next day -- wether
            > it was related specifically to my complaint or not, the problem was
            > fixed.
            >
            > So, if you are having problems with the new interface, or if it is hard
            > to read, or clunky to navigate, let them know -- software developers
            > aren't psychic. They seem to be open to suggestions. Regardless of what
            > the advertisers want, without joe and jane average -- or joe and jane
            > machinist -- reading and posting to the groups, they've got nothing.
            >
            > My two bits. I'll go back to lurking now.
            >
            > Keelan

            I agree, I aired my complaints, and they were all straightened out,
            from the previous/next issue, to the choice of display (simple or
            expanded) when you visit 'my groups', the only wish now is that it
            would keep the same settings from visit to visit.

            I have also been using the groups since pre-yahoo, and as stated,
            it's a great setup, there are other groups on line, but yahoo beats
            all that I've seen.

            Ken.