Re: Photo Section Image Size

  • Radish
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
      > OK, I can't seem to figure this out on my own. When I look at the
      > Photos section I see that some of the images are available as three
      > sizes - Thumbnail (small file), Screen Size (medium file), and Full
      > Size (big file). For some reason I can only get at the two smaller
      > file sizes. The Full Size option does not seem to be available to
      > me. What do I need to do to fix that? Thanks in advance.

      G'day Mike, the FULL size photo, is ONLY available, to the person who
      actually places the photo in the album, you are NEVER going to see
      that photo full size, unless you are the owner of the photo.
      The thumbnail is when you are browsing the whole album, the screen
      size is when YOU view the photo and the full size is for the
      privilage of the person who put the photo in the album, that's it.
      If you have a look at any photo that's in the album and add up the
      KB's of all three stages of the photo, you will see that the FULL
      size version takes up a hell of a lot of space in the album.
      The thumbnail will be maybe 1 or 2 KB, the screen size maybe 20 to
      30 KB, the FULL size could be anywhere from 60KB to 200KB or more.
      The owner of each photo in the albums SHOULD and CAN DELETE this
      full size version, because a heck of a lot of space can be freed up
      in the photo album, so that a lot of other people can add photos to
      the album before it gets full, as Yahoo only gives the album a limit
      of 30MB.
      So, if everybody who has added photos to ANY YAHOO album/group,
      could open up each and everyone of their photos and DELETE the FULL
      SIZE version, they will be allowing other people a chance of being
      able to be put photos into the album. Or they can be very SELFISH and
      allow the album to fill up with only their stuff, the choice is yours.

      regards radish