Photo Section Image Size

  • Mike Garrett
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
      OK, I can't seem to figure this out on my own. When I look at the
      Photos section I see that some of the images are available as three
      sizes - Thumbnail (small file), Screen Size (medium file), and Full
      Size (big file). For some reason I can only get at the two smaller
      file sizes. The Full Size option does not seem to be available to
      me. What do I need to do to fix that? Thanks in advance.

      MG
    • *
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
        Money!

        to get access to full size pics in the yahoo groups photo section you have
        to pay yahoo something like $9 or is it $29 a year and you can even d/l
        your yahoo e-mail to what ever e-mail program you use.

        At 11:06 AM 2/27/05, you wrote:

        >OK, I can't seem to figure this out on my own. When I look at the
        >Photos section I see that some of the images are available as three
        >sizes - Thumbnail (small file), Screen Size (medium file), and Full
        >Size (big file). For some reason I can only get at the two smaller
        >file sizes. The Full Size option does not seem to be available to
        >me. What do I need to do to fix that? Thanks in advance.
        >
        >MG
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129523d4r/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063697:HM/EXP=1109610907/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>
        >b03c37.jpg
        >
        >b03dad.jpg

        > *
        > <mailto:mlathemods-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>mlathemods-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *

      • Frank Hasieber
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
          I use a free Yahoo email address, and all my mail comes straight to my PC,
          and there is no charge, my wife also has the same, you just have to set up
          your email client (Outlook Express or Outlook) correctly. If you need
          details let me know off list.
          Frank.

          to get access to full size pics in the yahoo groups photo section you have
          to pay yahoo something like $9 or is it $29 a year and you can even d/l
          your yahoo e-mail to what ever e-mail program you use.

        • Radish
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
            > OK, I can't seem to figure this out on my own. When I look at the
            > Photos section I see that some of the images are available as three
            > sizes - Thumbnail (small file), Screen Size (medium file), and Full
            > Size (big file). For some reason I can only get at the two smaller
            > file sizes. The Full Size option does not seem to be available to
            > me. What do I need to do to fix that? Thanks in advance.

            G'day Mike, the FULL size photo, is ONLY available, to the person who
            actually places the photo in the album, you are NEVER going to see
            that photo full size, unless you are the owner of the photo.
            The thumbnail is when you are browsing the whole album, the screen
            size is when YOU view the photo and the full size is for the
            privilage of the person who put the photo in the album, that's it.
            If you have a look at any photo that's in the album and add up the
            KB's of all three stages of the photo, you will see that the FULL
            size version takes up a hell of a lot of space in the album.
            The thumbnail will be maybe 1 or 2 KB, the screen size maybe 20 to
            30 KB, the FULL size could be anywhere from 60KB to 200KB or more.
            The owner of each photo in the albums SHOULD and CAN DELETE this
            full size version, because a heck of a lot of space can be freed up
            in the photo album, so that a lot of other people can add photos to
            the album before it gets full, as Yahoo only gives the album a limit
            of 30MB.
            So, if everybody who has added photos to ANY YAHOO album/group,
            could open up each and everyone of their photos and DELETE the FULL
            SIZE version, they will be allowing other people a chance of being
            able to be put photos into the album. Or they can be very SELFISH and
            allow the album to fill up with only their stuff, the choice is yours.

            regards radish