Spacer Blocks

  • canyonman_44
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
      Hi All, Been trying to come up with the plans, dimensions, info on
      2" spacer blocks for an Atlas 618. I have seen it done but now that
      I want to do it I can't find a thing! Ken
    • Gabriel Dagenais
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
        Since, If I recall correctly, the 6" Atlas has flat
        ways, I don't see how it would be difficult to mill a
        couple blocks to raise the HS and TS, and make a riser
        for the compound, Just measure the bed rails, space
        between the rails, and adjustment points and make a
        block that would lift the needed items the desired
        amount.

        -Gabe

        --- canyonman_44 <krobinson44@...> wrote:

        > Hi All, Been trying to come up with the plans,
        > dimensions, info on
        > 2" spacer blocks for an Atlas 618. I have seen it
        > done but now that
        > I want to do it I can't find a thing! Ken

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • canyonman_44
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
          Gabe, could this be done adaquately in AL?

          In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Gabriel Dagenais <gmdagena2000@y...>
          wrote:
          > Since, If I recall correctly, the 6" Atlas has flat
          > ways, I don't see how it would be difficult to mill a
          > couple blocks to raise the HS and TS, and make a riser
          > for the compound, Just measure the bed rails, space
          > between the rails, and adjustment points and make a
          > block that would lift the needed items the desired
          > amount.
          >
          > -Gabe
          >
          > --- canyonman_44 <krobinson44@c...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi All, Been trying to come up with the plans,
          > > dimensions, info on
          > > 2" spacer blocks for an Atlas 618. I have seen it
          > > done but now that
          > > I want to do it I can't find a thing! Ken

          > http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Walter Luikey
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "canyonman_44" <krobinson44@c...>
            wrote:

            > Hi All, Been trying to come up with the plans, dimensions, info on
            > 2" spacer blocks for an Atlas 618. I have seen it done but now
            that
            > I want to do it I can't find a thing! Ken

            Ken,
            I would do the blocks in steel.
            After doing the rough machining, save yourself a lot of trouble and
            have them surface ground so that they are all have the same height
            and are have parallel surfaces for the top and bottom of the blocks

            Wally
          • pabloaa
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2005
              wrote:

              > Hi All, Been trying to come up with the plans, dimensions, info on
              > 2" spacer blocks for an Atlas 618. I have seen it done but now that
              > I want to do it I can't find a thing! Ken

              WAITING with baited breath ,Whatta ya gonna do??