Re: [mlathemods] A really cool find update....

  • FPS-TECH
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
      Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

      Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
        I can't view it at all!

        Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

        Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

        > I have put up half a dozen articles and plans from these magazines
        > that I have found. These mags (if you have not been following this
        > thread) are from the late 20's to the early 50's. I will be putting
        > up more as I have time to scan and convert them to PDF format. There
        > are several hundered articles of intrest to machinists so this will
        > take awhile. I am also missing several issuse of different mags for
        > plans to coplete several motors and locomotives. I will be posting
        > this list of needed issues on my site as well and if y ou have them
        > please let me know so that I can complete these. Thanks
        >
        > P.S. For those that don't know the sites addy is www.thecarver.net
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

      • Chet R Biggerstaff
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
          If you mean trying to download I am working on that. For now just make sure
          you have reader installed and you should be able to save. I will get it to
          work with just downloading shortly
          Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

          Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

          > I have put up half a dozen articles and plans from these magazines
          > that I have found. These mags (if you have not been following this
          > thread) are from the late 20's to the early 50's. I will be putting
          > up more as I have time to scan and convert them to PDF format. There
          > are several hundered articles of intrest to machinists so this will
          > take awhile. I am also missing several issuse of different mags for
          > plans to coplete several motors and locomotives. I will be posting
          > this list of needed issues on my site as well and if y ou have them
          > please let me know so that I can complete these. Thanks
          >
          > P.S. For those that don't know the sites addy is www.thecarver.net
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada

          Service.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Chet R Biggerstaff
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
            If you mean trying to download I am working on that. For now just make sure
            you have reader installed and you should be able to save. I will get it to
            work with just downloading shortly
            Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

            Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

            > I have put up half a dozen articles and plans from these magazines
            > that I have found. These mags (if you have not been following this
            > thread) are from the late 20's to the early 50's. I will be putting
            > up more as I have time to scan and convert them to PDF format. There
            > are several hundered articles of intrest to machinists so this will
            > take awhile. I am also missing several issuse of different mags for
            > plans to coplete several motors and locomotives. I will be posting
            > this list of needed issues on my site as well and if y ou have them
            > please let me know so that I can complete these. Thanks
            >
            > P.S. For those that don't know the sites addy is www.thecarver.net
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Get unlimited calls to

            U.S./Canada

          • Chet R Biggerstaff
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
              The download problem is fixed for now. I renamed all the files from .pdf to
              .zip. When you download it rename it to .pdf and all will be well. If you
              have any questions please let me know and leave feedback as to what can be
              done better for this site as an info site. Thanks
              Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

              Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

              > I have put up half a dozen articles and plans from these magazines
              > that I have found. These mags (if you have not been following this
              > thread) are from the late 20's to the early 50's. I will be putting
              > up more as I have time to scan and convert them to PDF format. There
              > are several hundered articles of intrest to machinists so this will
              > take awhile. I am also missing several issuse of different mags for
              > plans to coplete several motors and locomotives. I will be posting
              > this list of needed issues on my site as well and if y ou have them
              > please let me know so that I can complete these. Thanks
              >
              > P.S. For those that don't know the sites addy is www.thecarver.net
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Get unlimited calls to

              U.S./Canada

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Chet R Biggerstaff
                Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

                Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

                > I have put up half a dozen articles and plans from these magazines
                > that I have found. These mags (if you have not been following this
                > thread) are from the late 20's to the early 50's. I will be putting
                > up more as I have time to scan and convert them to PDF format. There
                > are several hundered articles of intrest to machinists so this will
                > take awhile. I am also missing several issuse of different mags for
                > plans to coplete several motors and locomotives. I will be posting
                > this list of needed issues on my site as well and if y ou have them
                > please let me know so that I can complete these. Thanks
                >
                > P.S. For those that don't know the sites addy is www.thecarver.net
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Get unlimited calls to

                U.S./Canada

              • Chet R Biggerstaff
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
                  After downloading any of the files rename it .pdf and it will work fine as I
                  have tested it. If you are having any other problems please let me know so I
                  can get it fixed and also please leave feedback on what I can do better or
                  about what you would like to see on these pages. Thanks

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2004
                    It worked fine for me.

                    regards Juhan Kivineeme

                    FPS-TECH <fps-tech@...> wrote:
                    Went to your site, but nothing would respond to my left click.

                    Looks like an interesting site -- if only I could get it to work.

                    > I have put up half a dozen articles and plans from these magazines
                    > that I have found. These mags (if you have not been following this
                    > thread) are from the late 20's to the early 50's. I will be putting
                    > up more as I have time to scan and convert them to PDF format. There
                    > are several hundered articles of intrest to machinists so this will
                    > take awhile. I am also missing several issuse of different mags for
                    > plans to coplete several motors and locomotives. I will be posting
                    > this list of needed issues on my site as well and if y ou have them
                    > please let me know so that I can complete these. Thanks
                    >
                    > P.S. For those that don't know the sites addy is www.thecarver.net
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    Get unlimited calls to

                    U.S./Canada

                  • Peter Sanders
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 8, 2004
                      Hi

                      A left click within Opera on a pdf file (normally) instigates a download
                      of the pdf file.

                      --
                      Kind regards

                      Peter Sanders
                    • Chet R Biggerstaff
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 8, 2004
                        Normaly it does but I think it is a problem with PhPnike as it doies not
                        work with this site but does work with basic html.