4159Re: [mlathemods] Tool rust prevention

  • Hartley Falbaum
    Sep 17, 2013
      I use LPS 1 for fine tools, like Micrometers and calipers, and other stuff.
      Works well in Georgia USA--hot and humid, or cold and humid, but always humid.

      It leaves a silky smooth coating.

      LPS 3 leaves a waxy coat like Boeshield--good for difficult areas.

      On Sep 17, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Joe V31JP wrote:

      Thank you for pointing out the T9. I will order a kit I found for $9.99
      of the rust removal & preventer. I normally use
      the electrolysis, but there are a couple impressive reviews. Especially
      regarding bike chains, a constant maintenance
      chore here with 4 bicycles. Also, I have used the camphor blocks here
      and that reminded me I am out. We use
      camphor in baby oil for mosquito repellent.

      --
      Regards, Joe, Ronnie (Rowena), Marty & Sidney Pontek
      P.O. Box 280, Dangriga, Stann Creek District
      (Hopkins Village) Belize
      011-501-503-7346 Belize
      011-501-666-3564 Belize (cellular)
      or
      5204 Texas Highway 49 W
      Omaha, TX 75571-6474
      U.S.A.
      903-434-9429 (My cellular when in Texas)
      903-884-5990 (Skype telephone number)
      Also, K8JP, member FOC-1743, CWops-876, QCWA-LM21894, OOTC-4607, A1OP, SKCC-3171T, NAQCC-5798, Flying Pig-2819, FISTS-7625CC951, A1C-2299,
      PG1915841
      Skype: v31joepalooka
      http://www.justanswer.com/lp-1eh8-tool-repair
      I am looking for Vibroplex Model X, Double lever and prefer basket cases to restore.
      V3FOC, I am SKCC 10691

      Hartley Falbaum

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic