358Re: [mlathemods] Re: CamLok tailstock fitting

  • Bob Loesch
    Apr 2, 2003
      I love my HF tools, but taps and dies from them one MUST be wary of! I
      bought a set like the one described, and found that the rake on the taps
      had been ground on the WRONG side of the flute! Must have been done for
      'backward cutting of inside-out left-hand threads'...

      At 05:17 AM 3/27/2003 -0000, roylowenthal wrote:
      > HF has a full SAE & Metric set for $20!
      >http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37168
      > I've been using the Sneers & Rareback stubbies since they came out
      >a couple of years ago. They're almost addictive! Except for
      >breaking loose or final tightening, there's enough leverage in a much
      >handier wrench.
      >
      >Roy

      Regards,
      Cuckoobob, in beautiful Lake County, California, USA

      Cuckoobob's (more than just Cuckoo) Clocks, 707-272-7070

      I buy (too often), sell (too seldom), repair (too few),
      and collect (too many) cuckoo clocks

      NAWCC 140818
      http://www.cuckoobob.com
      mailto:Bob@...