Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

3197Re: [mlathemods] Re: Flat or raked part off tools?

Expand Messages
  • David Halfpenny gmail
    Jul 6, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Part of the effectiveness of the Tee blade shown in that advertisement is the hollow ground top.
      This curls the chip along its length to make it narrower than the cut so it comes out easily without rubbing or jamming.
      One can also Dremel a groove onto the top of the tip of a Vee blade to gain this part of the advantage.
      David 1/2d
      Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 3:37 PM
      Subject: RE: [mlathemods] Re: Flat or raked part off tools?

      This is a link to the Enco page. These blades are an industry standard item available from all commercial suppliers for knowledgeable machinist. They also carry the brazed carbide and wedge style blades that they make more profit on for the use of the undereducated.

      Long Beach, CA

      --- On Tue, 7/6/10, David Lee <nhengineer@...> wrote:

      From: David Lee <nhengineer@...>
      Subject: RE: [mlathemods] Re: Flat or raked part off tools?
      To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 7:02 AM

      Maybe someone would be so kind as to provide this uninformed novice [me] with a link to a photo of a “T” type parting tool.




    • Show all 24 messages in this topic