      From: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mlathemods@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mert Baker
      Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 9:46 AM
      To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [mlathemods] Re: Flat or raked part off tools?

       I bought all my parting toolbits years ago, and they are all the wedge type.  However, one of 'em is now only an inch long, and I'll get one of the T type to replace it.   Never had any trouble with the wedge type, once I learned how to sharpen & set 'em properly.

      [David Lee Responds ->] I’ve not ever had any luck at all with any parting tool but, if I keep at it, I may eventually finger out what I’m doing wrong.

       Until then, the less said, the better.

      Mert