      From: squidsrus85 <squidsrus85@...>
      Subject: [mlathemods] Flat or raked part off tools?
      To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, 2 July, 2010, 22:27

      Hi All,

      Many years back I made a few reverse mounted part off tool holders for 1/2" x 3/32" HSS part off blades for the BD920 lathes.

      Which is the better idea for a small lathe, a flat (zero) back rake or the common 5deg.?

      The flat one is easier to set up after sharpening, but the raked one will probably cut better.

      I want to add one to a newer lathe and I only have raked ones left, so I guess I will start there. But, would love to hear suggestions.

      Thanks

      Dave

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic