      From: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mlathemods@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Ellis Cory
      Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 7:41 PM
      To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mlathemods] Re: live center woes

      David wrote.....Yes that does mean that a pointy bit of metal on a Morse
      taper becomes "live" when fixed in a headstock spindle and "dead" when fixed
      in a tailstock barrel, but hey, you can't win 'em all.......

      I understood the same when I did my apprenticeship in the '60s. However,
      some call a live centre a revolving centre !!!

      .........When I came to fit out a workshop, I couldn't get 2MT soft
      centres......

      Perhaps what you need is a 'Blank end arbor'. This is a morse taper with a
      1" dia soft end, available from Chronos, with tang (BEA2T) £3.90 or 3/8" BSW
      (BEA2S) £4.95. Including VAT and carriage UK mainland. www.chronos.ltd.uk
      .No connection just a satisfied customer.
      HTH
      Ellis (59 but don't tell anyone and England )