1591Re: [mlathemods] Re: live center woes

  • Ellis Cory
    May 1, 2006
      David wrote.....Yes that does mean that a pointy bit of metal on a Morse
      taper becomes "live" when fixed in a headstock spindle and "dead" when fixed
      in a tailstock barrel, but hey, you can't win 'em all.......

      I understood the same when I did my apprenticeship in the '60s. However,
      some call a live centre a revolving centre !!!

      .........When I came to fit out a workshop, I couldn't get 2MT soft
      centres......

      Perhaps what you need is a 'Blank end arbor'. This is a morse taper with a
      1" dia soft end, available from Chronos, with tang (BEA2T) £3.90 or 3/8" BSW
      (BEA2S) £4.95. Including VAT and carriage UK mainland. www.chronos.ltd.uk
      .No connection just a satisfied customer.
      HTH
      Ellis (59 but don't tell anyone and England )
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic