1536Re: worn out bed

  • seikosman
    Mar 11, 2006
      --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Janstrom" <t_janstrom@...>
      wrote:
      >The ridge worn in the front v-way is about .015 deep near the
      spindle, which would be quite a little hand work, besides which, the
      impression I get from what I've read about hand scraping is that it's
      an art that I would need a looong time to get even a little bit good
      at; I had gotten the impression that they hand scrape after planing
      to get the little imperfections and put the oil pockets in.

      Rick A.