Re: Census

  • brelyoung
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 6:56 AM
      Hi Cristy,

      We have emailed before. I have recently been able to get back one
      more Mitchell generation.

      If you remember, I was looking for the parents of William Mitchell b.
      abt. 1827, married to Ann Cumming. I found some siblings, Alexander
      b. abt.1839 married to Catherine Laing, and George b. abt. 1836
      married to Susan Barron. All were in the Old Machar area.

      William's parents were William Mitchell b.? and Barbara Mitchell b.
      abt 1807. Yes, her maiden surname was Mitchell. Just my luck, now I
      don't know which Mitchell line is which. William and Barbara seem to
      be from the Glass, Huntly, Drumblade area, so I think this may rule
      out a connection we thought we may have.

      I can't remember, how far were you able to get back?

      Anyhow, soon, I am going to order the 1841 Old Machar census. I will
      be jotting down all the info on any Mitchell's and will let you know
      what I find.

      Liz

      --- In mitchell_uk@yahoogroups.com, Robert W Cole <cculp2@j...> wrote:
      > Hello Listers:
      >
      > Can someone please do a lookup on the 1840 census for Old Machar.
      I am