Re: [mitchell_uk] MITCHELL

  • Gerald Mitchell
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
      Hello Lesley,

      I saw your enquiry about Annie Mitchell. This may just be a remarkable
      coincidence but the dates & names etc. all fit.
      My maternal grandmother had a sister called Annie who married Arthur Morris.
      They had a half brother called William. I have not researched Annie's family I
      only know of a daughter called Lilian who died aged around 30, but there may
      have
      been other children. Their father was Daniel Mitchell who is my great
      grandfather and their mother was Mary Alice Ball from Wellington in Somerset. I
      do not know of any Scottish connection. Mary Alice was Daniel's second wife
      hence William being a half brother. Annie was born around 1880, but this is a
      census record and may not be accurate. As I said this may all be coincidence
      but they may be the same Annie.

      Best wishes

      Gerald Mitchell