Peter Mitchell, 1815

  • Robert W Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2000
      Hello Listers!

      I am new to this list and posting for the first time. My elusive
      Mitchell family came from Woodside, Aberdeen and immigrated to the US in
      1848.

      Peter Mitchell (unknown parents) born October 4, 1815. His obituary
      notice (he died on April 15, 1881, Wisconsin State, USA) says that he was
      ' of Woodside, Aberdeen, Scotland '. I have not been able to confirm his
      birth on the IGI or through the ANESFHS. Somone at the Historical
      Society kindly volunteered to look for Peter through his birth date but
      it was not a successful search.

      Peter had a sister named Mary who was living in Aberdeen for the 1881
      census and is listed as Mary Graham, widow, aged 64 and born in the
      village of Garmond. Unknown date of birth/death for Mary Mitchell
      Graham. At one point she was living in tenement housing on Blackfriar's
      Street in Aberdeen and she had a son who worked at Broadford Works in
      Aberdeen.

      Peter MITCHELL born October 4, 1815, Woodside, Aberdeen, Scotland. Died
      April 15, 1881, Wisconsin, USA

      Charlotte SMITH born August 28, 1818, Scotland. Died August 16, 1856,
      Wisconsin, USA. Married Peter MITCHELL October 5, 1840, British Embassy
      Chapel, Paris, France. Peter was a miller by trade.

      Children born in France:
      James, 1841
      Alexander, 1843
      William White, born Amiens, France, 1845
      Peter Mitchell JR. born Bolougne, August 11, 1847. Christened March 15,
      1848, Manchester Cathdral, Lancashire, England.

      Children born in the USA:

      George W. born 1849 USA
      Charlotte Jane born 1851, Waupaca, Wisconsin
      Mary Ann born Wisconsin, USA
      Helen Smith born 1856, Wisconsin

      I live in Washington State where my branch of this Mitchell family has
      lived since 1906, having come west from Wisconsin. My g.g.grandfather is
      Peter MITCHELL JR.

      Any information on this family would certainly be appreciated and better
      yet I hope to find some remaining family members!

      Regards,
      Cristy

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.