General Michell's Standing Orders

  • Tim Powys-Lybbe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 1999
      Hi to those who might just be interested!

      I have done the first half of transcribing a manuscript by Gen Geo
      Mitchell from 1782. It is merely his standing orders, dating from the
      time when he started as a raw cadet (or some such). Later on I'll get
      round to adding the weird military exercises he compiled.

      The only problem is that he is not an ancestor to any Michell, though he
      is a relation to a few. But I thought you might like to know what one
      of the Michells was up to in the 18th century.

      Go to: http://www.southfrm.demon.co.uk/Manuscripts/Military/html

      --
      Tim Powys-Lybbe tim@...
      For a patchwork of bygones: www.southfrm.demon.co.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 1999
        (I'm sending this again as the first attempt did not seem to get
        through. Apologies for repeating if it did!)

        Hi to those who might just be interested!

        I have done the first half of transcribing a manuscript by Gen George
        Michell from 1782. It is merely his standing orders, dating from the