Re: My Mitchells

  • Lynne Frizzell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 1999
      Hi

      I am a new subscriber to the list. My name is Lynne Frizzell from Calgary, Alberta,
      Canada. The Mitchells I am researching lived in Ayrshire Scotland. My great great
      grandfather ws James Mitchell, born 1811, St. Quivox, Ayrshire, Scotland. I have
      the following information about his family but it is as yet unconfirmed:

      m. Margaret YOUNG. Children:

      Agnes b 1841 Dundonald
      Margaret b. 1841 Dundonald
      James b. April 21, 1845 Dundonald m. Margaret WHITEFORD of Beith in1872
      Janet b. Dundonald 1847
      William b. Kilwinning 1850

      The information i about James married to Margaret Whiteford is confirmed. They were
      my great grandparents and I have the family bible with complete information about
      their family. I know for sure that James (b. 1811) had at least three children -
      Agnes, James and William and was married to a Margaret. The information I have
      discovered about Margaret Young definitely seems to fit.

      Is anybody researching this part of the family?