GIG DATES & BRUTE FORCE

  • mistysman1
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2010
      Hello,

      We are happy to announce some forthcoming gig dates. They are....

      23rd of April - Freebutt, BRIGHTON
      29th of April - Jericho Tavern, OXFORD
      30th of April - Buffalo Bar, CARDIFF
      1st of May - Opening of the Midlands Art Centre, BIRMINGHAM
      5th of May - The Hare And Hounds, Birmingham (FEATURING BRUTE FORCE)
      7th of May - Academy 3, MANCHESTER (FEATURING BRUTE FORCE)
      9th of May - Islington Academy 2, LONDON (FEATURING BRUTE FORCE)

      We will be adding more dates soon. We shall be playing a number of new songs off our nearly mixed album The Family Amusement Centre. We're really looking forward to playing again after spending so much time in the studio.

      The three gigs in Birmingham, Manchester and London are particularly special because we will have with us our friend from New York, Brute Force. Brute was on Apple Records in the Sixties. He released a single called 'The King Of Fuh' which was produced by George Harrison. It was quite controversial at the time and was banned. He also wrote one of the first ever Psychedelic songs for The Chiffons called 'Nobody Knows What's Going On In My Mind But Me', as well as writing many songs for bands such as The Creation, The Cyrkle, Peggy March and The Tokens. But the main reason we love him was for the solo album he made in 1966, 'Confections Of Love'. It is finally getting reissued on CD, and we thought it was time we got him over to do a few gigs with us. 'The Tapeworm Of Love' is one of his songs Misty's fans should know well as we end a lot of our gigs with it. Anyone who can come up with the lyric "The Tapeworm of Love is eating my heart out over you" is a genius in my book!
      As well as a Misty's set, you will be treated to a set of Brute songs with Misty's as his backing band. Brute takes my place at the mike and I go and sit in the corner hoping nothing goes wrong! Do come if you can, and spread the word. It's simple really, if you like Misty's, you'll like Brute.

      Here is the original version of 'The Tapeworm Of Love'
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRWnhv6fCss

      'Nobody Knows What's Going On In My Mind But Me' by The Chiffons
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGNqxibM4eE

      Take care,

      Grandmaster Gareth