Mistys Big Adventure

  • Mistys Man
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
      Hi,

      In this newsletter

      *APPEAR ON A MISTY'S RECORD*
      *LONDON SHOW DETAILS*
      *UK TOUR AND SPECIAL SUPPORT IN OCT*

      *APPEAR ON A MISTY'S RECORD*

      Here's a special notice from Grandmaster Gareth:-

      Misty's Big Adventure are going to be recording the B-Sides for their
      new single 'The Story of Love' next weekend. One of the songs will be
      the long awaited sequel to 'I Killed The Neighbours', cunningly
      titled
      'I Buried The Neighbours'. The reason we're telling you this is
      because we would like YOU to be on it. What we need is a recording
      of yourself or friends/family members making weird Zombie groans,
      screams, doorbanging and any other concievable Zombie massacre
      noises! We also want grave digging noises! Preferably on mini disk,
      though tapes and cd's will also be fine. Don't worry about the
      quality as it can be cleaned up
      (and sometimes the background noise can be just as effective!). Once
      received, they will be added to various points in the song.
      The only catch is we need your noises by next Saturday, the 23rd of
      July. So you only have a few days!

      Send to the office..................

      Misty's Big Adventure,
      60 Colebourne Road,
      Kings Heath,
      Birmingham,
      B13 0EY
      or if you're clever then send them as mp3's to
      mistysbigadventure@...
      You will get your name put on the single and a free copy when it's
      been
      pressed.
      Please don't kill or bury yourself (or anyone else) in the making of
      your recording. It doesn't have to sound that realistic!
      -------------------------
      Thanks!
      Gareth

      *LONDON SHOW DETAILS*

      Misty's Big Adventure play their biggest London date yet at the
      Borderline this thursday 21st July. It's shaping up to be an
      interesting evening with everyone on the bill having a bit of a buzz
      about them, we're especially looking forward to Field Music from
      Sunderland.The final line up is

      8-8.30 Kubb

      8.45-9.15 Field Music

      9.30-10 Clientele

      10.15-11 Mistys Big Adventure

      Admission is £7 but you can get in cheaper if you print off a flyer
      from here http://www.clubfandango.co.uk/
      It would be lovely to see you down there.

      *UK TOUR AND SPECIAL SUPPORT IN OCT*

      The UK tour is shaping up for September, the dates so far are:

      2 Brixton Windmill
      8 Bath Moles

      9 Bestival
      10 Bestival
      13 Bristol Louisianna
      15 Portsmouth Frog

      16 Tunbridge Wells Forum
      17 Lincolnshire New Meadows Festival
      18 – 21 Scottish dates to be confirmed
      22 Leicester Shed
      23 Sheffield Grapes
      24 Birminhgam Jug
      25 Birminhgam Jug
      27 Cardiff Clwb Ifor bach
      28 London date TBC
      29 Liverpool Barfly
      30 Lancaster, Leeds or Newcastle TBC
      Oct
      1 Manchester Dry Bar - In The City

      We will be looking for a member of the mailing list to help the band
      sell merchandise at each show. In return you will get a free piece
      of Misty's merchandise and FREE admission to the show. Contact us at
      mistysbigadventure.mail@... and let us know which dates you'd
      like to do and why and you could be an Official Misty's Merch person.

      *There is an incredibly strong rumour that Misty's Big Adventure
      will one of the supports for the Magic Number's UK tour in October.
      We cannot confirm this (yet), but expect some news very soon. ;-)

      Take care and see you on thursday or at the Secret Garden festival.

      Bye bye

      Mistys HQ