[mh] Tk kills MH

  • David Satterfield
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
       Hi Folks,

      Changing the width of the print log and speak log window seemed to help get mh started, but didn't solve all my problems. MH dies pretty reliably after a small amount of time running. I am running into this (from my error log):

      Wednesday, 10/25/06  08:20 PM:
        Error found in user code file: /usr/local/mh/mh_dave/data/mh_temp.user_code

      10/25/06 08:20:17 PM: _TK_EXIT_(0)

      It seems to be related to speech or playing wave files (or perhaps bringing up a tk window related to speech?), as my print log shows :
      10/25/06 08:20:17 PM Setting mixer volume to 100
      10/25/06 08:20:17 PM Setting mixer volume to 100

      In my console, I get:

      X Error of failed request:  BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this connection)
        Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
        Resource id in failed request:  0x300005c
        Serial number of failed request:  61745
        X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
        Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
        Resource id in failed request:  0x300005c
        Serial number of failed request:  61757
        Current serial number in output stream:  61739

      MH promptly wedges after this. Running without Tk, all is well. Any ideas? Does 2.103 require updates to tk or X? Help!
      Thanks,
      David Satterfield

    • Pete Flaherty
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2006
        David,

        Did you ever get this sorted out, I just started having the EXACT same issue (just caught up to latest svn, linux)
        I and I do mean exactly, down to the print and console outputs and punctuations ....

        -Pete Flaherty

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2006
          Hi Pete,
          No I never did figure this out. I tried to disable some of the tk windows from popping up to see if I could isolate it, but haven't been able to yet. I can't run tk on 2.103 at all, which is a drag. I used the tk interface alot, and it looks and feels nicer in 2.103. 2.102 works fine. There was a lot of enhancement to the Tk stuff in 2.103, I'm wildly guessing some dependency was introduced that won't make it run on my redhat 9 box? I hope you have better luck than me figuring it out, and if I can do anything to help.
          David Satterfield

          >David,

          >Did you ever get this sorted out, I just started having the EXACT same issue (just >caught up to latest svn, linux)
          >I and I do mean exactly, down to the print and console outputs and punctuations ....
          > Pete Flaherty

        • Pete Flaherty
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2006
            Just a guesss, I was running an older TK, and I am currently in the process of updating the gd libs and getting GD and Tk perl mods up to current levels.

            And yes the updates to the display look great, but not without this little bugger whacking MH (my mrwatcher script and cron will restart it , but that;s obviously not the point)

            Will take a look after the updates conplete

            Other clues
            Distro : RH9 (also)
            Perl version: 5.008 hmmmmm....
            mh 2.103 R1046