Re: [MSM] Re: stocking up

  • Wes Jones
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 30, 2009
      For warmth and a secure feeling there's nothing like a buffalo hide that's
      tanned hair-on. Wife and I slept under one for a whole winter in AK when
      I added a bedroom but didn't get the heat hooked up. We used a sheet,
      thin blanket and the hide and never got cold even with temps outside at
      -30F and inside not far from zero at times.

      Best, wes

      On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:11:22 -0400, Brian Tychonski
      <BrianBroadaxe@...> wrote:

      > Picking up a full upholstery hide of leather when they are on sale does
      > wonders for keeping heat in when placed on top of your blankets.

    • goat!
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 5, 2009
        That would probably work too.
        I keep on e in the van. My problem I I haven;t any room to set one up,
        being a pack rat. lol Being a pack rat my come in hand though,
        especially the right kind of pack, if things keep heading the way they
        have been.
        Goat