global riots

  • Kris Dreyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2009
      http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/36522
      Storm of Global Riots on the Horizon
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdES2umAf7g
      20,000 more troops deployed inside America

      What is your plan if riots break out in your neck of the woods? Do you stay or go and when/how do you decide?

      Surviving in Suburbia,
      Kristen Dreyer
      http://www.survivalinsuburbia.homestead.com
      http://survivalinsuburbia.blogspot.com/

    • DeniseCA1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1 6:24 AM
        We would have to stay. We are in Southern California about 4 miles from the
        ocean and many miles from anywhere that is not densely populated. We are
        also in an area where we would have to go through some bad areas to get out of
        here to the mountains.

        Denise

        In a message dated 2/1/2009 5:08:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        kristen_dreyer@... writes:

        What is your plan if riots break out in your neck of the woods? Do you stay
        or go and when/how do you decide?

        **************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
        credit score.
        (http://www.walletpop.com/credit/credit-reports?ncid=emlcntuswall00000002)

      • barbaralummus
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1 7:03 PM
          We would have to ride it out here. Among my crew, leaving isn't an
          option, even if the opportunity presents itself. We don't have a
          place to go to, and only one member of the household has a vehicle.

          Barbara in Sacramento

          --- In misc_survivalism_moderated@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Dreyer"
          <kristen_dreyer@...> wrote:

          > http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/36522
          > Storm of Global Riots on the Horizon
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdES2umAf7g
          > 20,000 more troops deployed inside America
          >
          > What is your plan if riots break out in your neck of the woods? Do
          you stay or go and when/how do you decide?

          > Surviving in Suburbia,
          > Kristen Dreyer
        • JonquilJan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2 8:49 AM
            I would also ride it out where I am. Although I am fairly near a small village, I am in my bug out location for the duration of what is left of my life. Moving around would be worse for me than staying put.

            Jan

            Learn something new every day
            As long as you are learning, you are living
            When you stop learning, you start dying

          • pacrowderholyoke
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2 9:30 AM
              We live on a 41 acre farm with livestock. We have a well, but no creek.
              We have a very large propane generator which would run the home
              business (we are self-employed full time with another business, too)
              computers and the pump on the well for at least a month if we only ran
              it for those things. I would never leave, because law enforcement
              cannot force you to go, but they can prevent you from returning, even
              after the emergency is over. (People need to seriously contemplate that
              fact in deciding whether to leave or not). That, and having the
              possibility of someone "squatting" in your home when you return and
              having to try to remove them forcibly could be an issue, as we are 32
              miles round trip from the closest law enforcement. I lived in a suburb
              of a major city for 30+ years, and in Washington DC before that, and
              sitting on the couch during 9/11, wondering if/when the next attack
              would take place, accelerated my plans to leave suburbia and to never
              return.
              Pat