[MSM] Which taboo goes first... WAS: Re: Food Shortage

  • oswegokitty
    Message 1 of 66 , Jan 1, 2009
      Let's suppose you are starving to death in the company of your small
      children or grandchildren, who are also starving to death. Many
      people in cities under siege have had to make this decision about a
      neighbor, a dog, a cat, a rat, or a stranger. I suspect that most did
      not tell the children what was for dinner. There is a reason that
      some people treat all life with reverence and say thanks when they eat.

      In such circumstances, you might want to keep the dog to protect the
      children. Read about the sieges on cities in Europe -- right through
      WWII.

      Chris
      Little Biddy Farm

      --- In misc_survivalism_moderated@yahoogroups.com, JoHio <yobrojo@...>
      wrote:
      >I can usually get a moral compass reading on a given course of
      > action by asking this question. Would you do "it" in front of your
      own young
      > children or grandchildren ? If you say no, then it's probably
      something you
      > are going to have trouble living with yourself...
    • oswegokitty
      Message 66 of 66 , Jan 1, 2009