Re: [MSM] Re:Non Furnace heat

  • Christopher Young
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 29, 2008
      Well, no, I didn't think of that. I've only got one bedroom set up for
      sleeping, so we'd have to take turns. She knows other families who have the
      space to take her in.

      My idea is to go play with my emergency heating gear. Her idea is that she
      enjoys the company and couple degrees of heating up, but she doesn't want me
      to leave my heating gadgets there. I did buy her a plug in ceramic heater
      from Walmart, today. That is a little help. At the moment, it's in the
      closet pointing at the pipes. Hope that helps thaw the hot water pipe
      that's frozen. That's Scott's idea, I think it's frozen along the heat run,
      and she needs to run the furnace. In any case, she can bring the plug in
      heater out to the kitchen some time tomorrow.

      Scott is the one other person from church who she calls for help.

      When I arrived, the kitchen and living room were 42F. I brought a camp stove
      and a propane torch, and when I left, it was about 50F. I'd sure like to
      find a device that uses an entire 16 ouncer in the space of an hour. I don't
      get to leave the heat there. I was joking about a weed burner.

      Christopher A. Young
      See me on the web
      http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/
      .
      .

      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 3, 2008
        **oil filled radiator heaters work nice. I have 2 of them. Loaned one to a
        neighbor who needed his trailer to get warmer. He uses propane too. But
        when he is at work he leaves the oil filled radiator on for his old
        arthritic dog~