Re: [MSM] Duplicate postings.

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2007
      Jean,

      Those undeliverable messages that you did not send out. Are in fact spam. I get
      them all the time and Earthlink puts them automatically in my spam folder
      online. As to getting messages a minute apart. The same thing as the "Can not
      send" messages and again, Earthlink treats them as spam. The only duplicates of
      messages I get are from yahoo lists. Either someone that sends it twice or from
      people that send it to several yahoo lists we are both on.

      As we all know or should know by now. You never reply to spam, unless you
      recognize the address. Not even to unsubscribe from their E-mail. Just designate
      them as spam in your E-mail reader and they should be deleted or put in a
      special folder of your own making.

      BTW, some of the spammers out there also use the real E-Mail addresses of people
      and businesses you want to hear from. Like a certain eBay company. Correct
      E-mail address, but most of the links inside that message go to a completely
      unrecognizable web site. A certain credit card company address is also used on
      me too. Telling me to call a certain number to check out a security breach on my
      account. So, I call the number on the credit card. Not the number on the E-mail!

      I also receive phone calls about problems with my credit cards. So again, I
      always call the number on the card itself. About 1/2 the time, the credit card
      people have no idea what is going on and transfer me to the security department.
      BTW, those credit card problems are usually about a big purchase I made. That
      is, the ones that are legitimate. I keep all my cards paid off!

      Bill