Insurance - saving money now was: [MSM] Emergencies, life situation, and why we prepare.

  • Erica Davido
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 30, 2006
      Another place that may seem odd to look for individually purchased health insurance - Costco, AAA and also do a search online.

      Sometimes the cost of the membership may not seem worth it until you add up what discounts and additional savings you are getting.

      For dental there are "Smile programs" Example - In the Seattle area I purchased a supplemental type dental program for $11 a month that reduced my dental costs by about 30% if I went within the network of participating dentists & orthodontists. I saved $40 a month on my braces by paying $11 a month - so actually only $29 a month saved, but over 3 years that added up to $1044!!! And the braces were necessary so that I could bite through anything.

      Hope this helps someone!

      Erica

      Walter Daniels <fbngraph@...> wrote:
      At 04:21 PM 4/30/2006, you wrote:
      Check with your local Chamber of Commerce, they often offer
      "group" insurance to members. Multiple other benefits, but that's the biggest.
      > but no insurance, vacation, etc - have to buy my own - not cheap - but if I can double
      >my take home...
      >--
      >73 de KG2V
      >
      >For the Children - RKBA!

      Walter Daniels FBN Graphics Promotional Consulting.

    • J. Hollenbeck
      Message 2 of 28 , May 1 8:59 AM
        The uncertainty of life's changes is what motivated me to start the survival lifestyle, and what has helped us get through the inevitable rough times in our lives.

        Emily, do you know how to wildcraft? I assume so with your reference to things blooming. If I didn't have that knowledge and skill there were times when I was with my first husband that we would have starved because at the time we made very little money and had four children to feed. I made the mistake of having him run the finances...it turned out that he allotted me $50-$60 a week to feed all 6 of us. He had plenty of cigarettes but me and the kids had very little. I swore when I left him that I would never put myself and the kids in that situation again. I still managed to put some food and emergency supplies away on that, despite him.

        It feels good to be prepared, doesn't it?

        Joyce