Re: [MSM] Legal B.O.B.

  • Daimon Natas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      If you think you need a BOB like that, then put one to together. It can't hurt and it might come in handy someday. For myself I don't feel the need.

      Daemon

      George <gta30554@...> wrote:
      Do you think a person should keep a "bug out bag" geared to help you
      in times of difficulties with the law?

      I figure it would be off premises and have alternate id, cash,
      ecetera...

      I'm not a criminal, but in the future the gooberment might criminalize
      people for any reason that serves it's purposes, so it would be best
      to C-Y-A in advance.

      What does everyone else think?

      George A.

      Survivalism

      ---------------------------------

      Do As You Will Shall Be The Whole of The Law!

      Daimon

      Love Is The Law

    • George
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        How is discussing this anymore illegal than discussing how to defend
        (with deadly force) yourself, or your bug out location after TSHTF?

        I'm not asking for a "How to" I am merely asking what the members
        think about whether the effort would be worthy or if the case should
        arise such preperations would be useless.

        Openly discussing a "What if" scenario would be the first step in
        preperation I would think. Again, I am not avocating any type of
        criminality, but the possibilty of the government itself becoming
        criminal {AKA germany in the 30's a 40's} is a definate possibly
        proven by history.

        So we owe it to ourselves to at least consider "what if".

        Public discussion of "how to" on such a subject would render the
        advice given totally useless and ***MIGHT*** fringe on criminality.

        George A.
      • Kat
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          I think it all depends on where we go with the discussion. After all, since
          we don't know who the President is busy spying on, then we can't be sure it
          isn't us. I make it a point to never give out more specifics than
          absolutely necessary for a discussion. I'm also aware that my government
          probably knows exactly where I am at any given time. To put forth some of
          my ideas. I am working on getting all my legal info on computer disk where
          it can wait with my other back ups until I need it. I'm female therefore
          having hair dye, clothes that make me look different, wigs, etc is just part
          of being female, at least for most of us. Making it part of the BOB may be
          just common sense.

          Even in the 50's there were travel restrictions in Germany. My dad was
          stationed over there and the girl who cleaned for us wanted to go visit her
          father who lived about 35k away. To do so she had to go to her town hall
          and get a travel permit stating when she was going, where she was going, and
          when she was coming back. We're still a ways from that here and I don't see
          our country going that way at first because that will upset people.
          However, all cell phones today come equipped with a gps so that the "911"
          system can find you if you call for help. This is why I don't worry when
          people start discussing keeping the cell system up and running. In a real
          world wide SHTF situation that cell phone is going to be the first thing I
          chuck out the window to lighten the load and yes I refuse to have a vehicle
          with "Onstar". I'm checking out the other little goodies they put into all
          the modern vehicles to make sure any in my truck are disabled. My family
          knows which way to go in a bug out situation and as I've said in the past,
          I'm working on setting up to dig in, not bug out.

          Pernkat

          "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false,
          and by the rulers as useful."
          Seneca--Roman Philosopher mid 1st century