MREs

  • Jean and Ellen Olson
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 31, 2004
      just wondering how many of you have ever eaten either K rations or C
      rations? I have eaten both. I have not "had the pleasure" of eating
      MREs, but my friends who have are giving them pretty good reports. Two
      things about K and C rations - first, they always had some toilet
      paper, they had the ubiquitous special low-tech can openers, ugly but
      worked, they always had some cigarettes and matches. And the chocolate
      had been treated with something at least similar to candle wax, and had
      a "unique" flavor. :-)

      Jean
    • David
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2004
        Never eaten K or C rats. have eaten a ton of MRE's and also British
        Issue 24hr G.S. and Arctic rats. MRES still coem with "potty paper",
        and candy of soem kind. The newer MRES come with M&M's or Tootsie Rolls
        which are SUPER YMMY LOL!

        Jean and Ellen Olson wrote on 2/1/2004, 12:46 AM:

        > just wondering how many of you have ever eaten either K rations or C
        > rations? I have eaten both. I have not "had the pleasure" of eating
        > MREs, but my friends who have are giving them pretty good reports. Two
        > things about K and C rations - first, they always had some toilet
        > paper, they had the ubiquitous special low-tech can openers, ugly but
        > worked, they always had some cigarettes and matches. And the chocolate
        > had been treated with something at least similar to candle wax, and had
        > a "unique" flavor. :-)
        >
        > Jean

        Thanks and Best Wishes

        David (Crypto1969)
        "I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will
        die for, he isn't fit to live."
        Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-68)
      • Angel
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 30, 2004
          Try
          www.cheaperthandirt.com

          they often have MREs. i myself like the 'snack bars'...there are 3 per
          individual package, and they are meant for a days meals, non thirst inducing
          ....none are what I consider REAL cheap, but considering their uses, I keep
          mine in a 'cellar'.......
          Angel
          not affiliated