Re: [MSM] ??

  • raysosc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
      In a message dated 6/30/03 2:12:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      kmartin@... writes:

      > My wife just brought home a Coleman lantern she picked
      > > up at a garage sale.
      > > It's not working, & my Coleman repair manuel burnt up.
      > > Can anybody give me some pointers, or other help

      Joe,

      I do the same thing. I picked up a shiny Sears brand "Ted Williams"
      lantern a few weeks back. Needed the glass and mantles.
      Picked up the glass and mantles at my hardware store. Glass was
      $8.99 and the Mantles was $2.99. They also had:
      fuel cap $6.99
      generator $15.99
      pump $8.99

      I think that is all the replaceable parts there is on those lanterns, and the

      Sears were built by Coleman to Sears spec but use all the same parts.

      Be careful though as replacing all the parts can cost more than a new
      lantern, on sale. But the older lanterns from back in the '60's or so
      were built a bit heavier and sturdier than the light weight aluminum ones
      today. Same with the older stoves and heaters.

      ray

    • Nite Hawk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
        Wal-mart use to carry Coleman parts.. I have'nt had to buy any for awhile but they had the generators, caps, socks and all.. As Ray said though chk. your $$ first and compare.

        Ed

        kmartin@... writes:

        > My wife just brought home a Coleman lantern she picked
        > > up at a garage sale.
        > > It's not working, & my Coleman repair manuel burnt up.
        > > Can anybody give me some pointers, or other help

        Joe,

        I do the same thing. I picked up a shiny Sears brand "Ted Williams"
        lantern a few weeks back. Needed the glass and mantles.
        Picked up the glass and mantles at my hardware store. Glass was
        $8.99 and the Mantles was $2.99. They also had:
        fuel cap $6.99
        generator $15.99
        pump $8.99

        I think that is all the replaceable parts there is on those lanterns, and the

        Sears were built by Coleman to Sears spec but use all the same parts.

        Be careful though as replacing all the parts can cost more than a new
        lantern, on sale. But the older lanterns from back in the '60's or so
        were built a bit heavier and sturdier than the light weight aluminum ones
        today. Same with the older stoves and heaters.

        ray

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        **IMPORTANT GROUP INFORMATION**

        Group Email Addresses