Re: [MSM] AL JAZEERA TV -- the LIVE, DIRECT FEED

  • stircraz
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
      Just for the record, this link doesn't work any longer.

      I don't know how you found it in the first place, but it no longer works
      now.
      It was interesting seeing how things were reported from the "other
      side". Even
      though I couldn't understand a single word said, I could tell they were
      showing
      some things differently than what we were seeing over here. I saw some
      houses
      which were bombed pretty badly and some people who were hurt who were
      obviously civilian war casualties which we haven't seen here. Pretty
      grusome stuff.

      > AL JAZEERA TV -- the LIVE, DIRECT FEED
      > We can't understand what they're saying; it's as
      > if those people have a different word for
      > everything, but the pictures are a lot different
      > than what we've seen on FoxyNews in the U.S.
      > (Requires the free RealPlayer from real.com)
      > http://66.226.10.50:8080/ramgen/encoder/Livetv2_s7.rm
      > There is no other language than Arabic. Arabic is the One True Language.
    • Nite Hawk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        stircraz <stircraz@...> wrote:Just for the record, this link doesn't work any longer.

        I don't know how you found it in the first place, but it no longer works
        now.
        It was interesting seeing how things were reported from the "other
        side". Even
        though I couldn't understand a single word said, I could tell they were
        showing
        some things differently than what we were seeing over here. I saw some
        houses
        which were bombed pretty badly and some people who were hurt who were
        obviously civilian war casualties which we haven't seen here. Pretty
        grusome stuff.

        > AL JAZEERA TV -- the LIVE, DIRECT FEED
        > We can't understand what they're saying; it's as
        > if those people have a different word for
        > everything, but the pictures are a lot different
        > than what we've seen on FoxyNews in the U.S.
        > (Requires the free RealPlayer from real.com)
        > http://66.226.10.50:8080/ramgen/encoder/Livetv2_s7.rm
        > There is no other language than Arabic. Arabic is the One True Language.

        Thats prob. why it's not seen anymore.. Not wanting US to see the other side.. Just what the Govt. wants us to see !! Prob. been blocked

        NiteHawk

      • John Justice
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          What I would like to know is why people typically feel that the 'other side'
          must somehow be more accurate. There's no 'conspiracy' here, common sense
          will tell you US news slants to favor US, Arab news slants to favor Iraq.
          There is no reason to believe that the 'other side' won't be more slanted
          than the US version.
          Of course there's destruction of non-military targets and civilian deaths,
          its called war.

          > I don't know how you found it in the first place, but it no longer works
          > now.
          > It was interesting seeing how things were reported from the "other
          > side". Even
          > though I couldn't understand a single word said, I could tell they were
          > showing
          > some things differently than what we were seeing over here. I saw some
          >
          > Thats prob. why it's not seen anymore.. Not wanting US to see the other
          side.. Just what the Govt. wants us to see !! Prob. been blocked

          > NiteHawk

        • Steve Spence
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            unfortunately the anti's will use every single death and every single
            mistake as a reason for why we should not be there. war is hell, it's not
            surgically precise, but it's necessary sometimes.

            Steve Spence
            Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter
            & Discussion Boards. Read about Sustainable Technology:
            http://www.green-trust.org
            sspence@...
            > What I would like to know is why people typically feel that the 'other
            side'
            > must somehow be more accurate. There's no 'conspiracy' here, common sense
            > will tell you US news slants to favor US, Arab news slants to favor Iraq.
            > There is no reason to believe that the 'other side' won't be more slanted
            > than the US version.
            > Of course there's destruction of non-military targets and civilian
            deaths,
            > its called war.

          • freeman
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
              I'll post, to MSD, a link to a western-based news service's video news
              article (RealPlayer, 17m12s) examining the inner workings of Al Jazeera.
              It includes a discussion of the broadcast of the POW footage, Al
              Jazeera's lack of criticism of their own government's workings and it's
              bias towards militant Arab/Islamic views.

              I'm sending it to MSD because, IMO, that's where such discussions &
              topics belong, and not on MSM.

              To get subscribed to MSD email thebax2@... and just ask.

              BTW, the English Al Jazeera website continues to be non-functional. In
              response to the successful hack of their english web page they have
              launched a email-based mobile-text alerts (i.e. via cell phones). I'll
              post a link for that, too, on MSD.

              scott

              <snip>