Re: [MSM] (fwd) news.telegraph.co.uk - Coffee is 'green' slug killer

  • brn mst
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi Doug,
      I'm almost afraid to ask you how you learned about
      using these ingrediants to kill pests.
      BTW, do you know that you can sprinkle a little snuff
      or salt on a worm and kill it? Brian

      --- Doug <Dougxx2@...> wrote:
      > Teaspoon of dishsoap 1 pouch chewing tobacco 1 can
      > of beer and one pots
      > worth of old coffee grounds mixed together and added
      > to one gallon of water.
      > filter through a coffee filter after 24 hours (warm
      > sunny place is best).
      > Use a garden sprayer like the one's you use to spray
      > your miracle grow on
      > your plants (this hooks onto your water hose). one
      > quart should cover about
      > 20 square feet. Be sure to water the plants
      > thoroughly after applying. Do
      > not use for at least three weeks before harvesting.
      > Very good for green
      > tomato slugs and just about everything else lol but
      > especially those nasty
      > little tomato eatin' buggers.

      =====
      What good fortune for those in power that people do not think. -Adolf Hitler

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
        an old guy I knew once taught me before he died several years ago