File - Misc Survivalism Moderated - faq.txt

  • misc_survivalism_moderated@yahoogroups.c
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1, 2002
      Last Modified: October 09, 2001

      *The purpose of this "Frequently Asked Questions" list is to help our members use this forum in an efficient and friendly manner.*

      *Member Profiles*

      - Please adjust your profile to show your first name and Province/state and country. This still allows for a degree of anonymity but alows people to "place you" somewhat during conversations.

      - "Pictures" We have a group photo section set up for our members to share a pic of themselves with the rest of the group. If you are like me, you like to picture who you are talking to. Place a face with the name.

      *Posting New Messages*

      - Do Not post in all capital letters. This is considered to be yelling and is rude.

      - "Forwarding" When forwarding from other sources, please give credit to your source. Also, (very important) give a link to the website you pulled the article from. Otherwise, it is no better than heresay.

      - Please, if possible, preface your subject line with a topic category. This allows people to easily filter out messages that they are not interested in recieving.

      - <OT> = Off-topic.
      - <ADV> = Advertisement. (Please keep these to minimum, personal sales only.)
      - <FWD> = Forwarded from another source. (Most software will auto-add this.)
      - <Humor> = self-explanatary. (please keep it survival oriented.)
      - more to come.

      - "Flames" ie. messages of an angry, hurtful nature to other members. Opinions can differ, tempers may flare. Take your replies off group. If you must, reply to the person through direct e-mail. Keep it off the group.
      This group is for off-topic discussions.

      *Replying to Messages*

      - "Top Post" your replies. Make sure your reply appears at the top of the message you reply to. This makes it much easier to follow the thread of the message. People don't have to search the entire message to find your reply.

      - "Snipping" When replying to long messages, please include just enough of the original message so that other will be able to follow the thread.This keeps the messages short, easy to read and quick to download. Included ".......snipped" above the portion you have edited so that people will realize what you have done.

      *ON-topic Posts*

      - Please keep the posts on-topic. Curent events are discouraged except where they directly pertain to survival. Discussing new gun laws is not really on topic, as we all know ways around these.

      - "On-topic" includes, but is not limited to: Camping, knives, firearms, food storage, "bug out bags", recipes, frugality, homestaeding, hunting, wilderness survival, tracking, canning, self-sustaining communities, "back to basics", water purification, alternative power (off-the-grid living), conservation, etc.

      *OFF-topic Posts*

      - These topics will not be tolerated under ANY circumstances: racism, politics, religion.

      *Features of our Group*

      - Please go to: http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups/ ,for a complete explanation of all the features that Yahoo Groups offers.

      This is a rough first draft and should be considered a work in progress. Please send all comments and suggestions to: misc_survivalism_moderated-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Bax

[...]