Re: [MSM] For the SKS expert

  • Buckshot
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
      John,

      Thanks for the support.

      I laid all that out in my first answer, but someone was more intent on
      "picking at a point" than reading the whole answer.

      Buckshot

      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
        On 01/01/2012 06:10 AM, John wrote:
        > Just how much time does a sniper-in-training take to set up and fire
        > one round?

        Quite a bit, especially if he's practicing cold bore shots. Plus,
        there's a limit to the amount of time a person can maintain maximum
        concentration. When that's gone, you're practicing bad technique, which
        isn't the path to success.
      • Gomer
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 3, 2012
          Because they don't. Five to ten rounds per week is the norm to keep sharp. Each barrel they use is worth thousands of dollars on the commercial market and is usually custom made. The USMC, for example, builds theirs at MCB  Quantico as well as repairing them there. The statement Buckshot made is a factual one based on experience but is verifiable with a little due diligence and research.