Re: [MSM] How stuff gets figured out

  • Patsy Schale
    Message 1 of 33 , May 1, 2011
      Sugar will also work - I got a nail that went thru my shoe and all the way thru
      my foot.  Mom put sugar and kerosene on it.  The nail hole healed just fine but
      we found out the hard way that I am allegric to tetanus vaccine.

      ________________________________

      fter the Schumer hits the fan, we're going to have to figure out new
      > ways to do things, many of which will actually be old ways. I
      > frequently find myself wondering how generations past figured out how,
      > f/e, honey is a disinfectant. How did someone decide to slather honey
      > on a wound? Is there some resource that tells how humanity figures
      > stuff out?

      http://daily-survival.blogspot.com/

      Links

    • Marjory
      Message 33 of 33 , May 8, 2011
        Please forward to those who might be interested!

        What would it be like to never need to go to a dentist ever again in
        your life?

        Alternatives to Dentists 5/15/11 (9am-4pm): Learn how to clean your
        teeth without brushes, floss, or paste, how to handle cracked or chipped
        teeth, treating cavities and abscesses, and gum disease. Also learn
        simple and powerful methods for treating deep infections without using
        anti-biotics. Taught by Doug Simons who has lived primitively for the
        last three decades in the Gila wilderness; Doug has some amazing info to
        bring to the civilized world. Only $75 www.backyardfoodproduction.com

        Want to experience a free source of high quality protein and fat?

        Bug Festival 5/15/11 (5 - 7pm): Alan Davisson has been eating insects
        for the last 6 years. He will demonstrate how to utilize this important
        source of protein and fat in a fun and entertaining way. You'll learn
        what is safe to eat, how to prepare, the nutritional content, methods
        for catching, and getting over the 'yuck' factor. This will be the
        fourth time we've had Alan out for this big party where we all eat bugs
        together and it is a seriously good time. The kids take to it like its
        a natural thing. Only $10 www.backyardfoodproduction.com

        This is where the really interesting people show up. The networking
        alone will be amazing. Both events on May 15th, 2011 in Red Rock, TX -
        about 45 miles SE of Austin. Go to www.backyardfoodproduction.com to
        get more info and to register.