RE: [MSM] STOVE

  • Jeanne Lookabill
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 31, 2010
      BriteLyte - heater, stove and lantern all in one.

      Jeanne

      <http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole>
      http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole

      <http://atasteofcreole.wordpress.com/> http://atasteofcreole.wordpress.com/

      NEW ORLEANS--Our city, Our team, Our time, Our destiny; Our Moment in NFL
      History... Home of the 2010 SUPERBOWL XLIV NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS--THE NEW
      ORLEANS SAINTS. NOW...Who Dat say they gonna beat them SAINTS?

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2011
        Ours has a wood burning stove (sorry can't remember the brand name right now).
        Plenty of timber around us for fuel. Our Realtor tried to talk us into a pellet
        stove for the "Tax Credit". I pointed to all of the surrounding timber/fuel. I
        told her they could keep their credit, I'll use free fuel instead.
         Rick
        A "Veteran" —
        whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve — is someone who, at one
        point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of
        America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."

        ________________________________
        I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL HERE... WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR A STOVE IN YOUR BOB, THE
        ONE YOU WOULD TAKE TO G.O.O.D. WHEN TSHTF.. AND REMEMBER YOU DON'T WHEN YOU WILL
        BE BACK OR IF YOU CAN...

      • Mark Abner
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2011
          I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my kelly kettle it should be more than suficiant for bail out cooking as well as quick hot water. I will let you all know how it works out in practice once I get it

          Mark

          Sent from my iPad
        • Jerrywpar
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2011
            Currently I have a Coleman white-gas/unleaded or propane two burner. But I would like to augment that with a elbow/rocket stove that can run off small branches. I have an idea in my head to build one from brass pipe and fittings, but haven't gotten around to it.

            Jerry

            I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL HERE... WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR A STOVE IN YOUR BOB, THE
            ONE YOU WOULD TAKE TO G.O.O.D. WHEN TSHTF.. AND REMEMBER YOU DON'T WHEN YOU WILL
            BE BACK OR IF YOU CAN...

            ------------------------------------

            Please check out our new Blog "Daily Survival"
            http://daily-survival.blogspot.com/

            Links

          • Buckshot
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2011
              I think he is talking portable stove of one or another kind.

              Trioxane or heat tab stove, Sterno stove, alcohol stove, Coleman Peak, MSR
              or other backpacking stove, Coleman lantern bottom stove, some kind of
              propane camping stove or what.

              Buckshot

                I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL HERE... WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR A STOVE IN YOUR BOB,
                THE
                ONE YOU WOULD TAKE TO G.O.O.D. WHEN TSHTF.. AND REMEMBER YOU DON'T WHEN YOU
                WILL
                BE BACK OR IF YOU CAN...

                ------------------------------------

                Please check out our new Blog "Daily Survival"
                http://daily-survival.blogspot.com/

                Links

              • the Sergeant Major
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 2, 2011
                  Jerry

                  No need to reinvent the wheel. Check out the Sierra Stove. In addition Backwoodsman Magazine (www.backwoodsmanmag.com) sells an excellent branch and twig stove.

                  Sergeant Major
                • Desert Apples
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 2, 2011
                    Yes to most of those. :)

                    I found a cute little nesbit type stove that seems to be a once or twice use
                    stove. It stores flat and is slightly larger than a credit card. Then I have
                    a nesbit, a sterno coleman, and an alcohol stove from a 'Venom' can.
                    These all store flat or near flat in various GHB or GOOD bags.

                    For larger carries I have coleman propane bottle stove attachment, dual
                    propane burner stove, hobo stove, fire ring and propane grill.
                    These are for INCH or camping.

                    I also had 3 sizes of fresnel lens, magnesium firestarter, film canisters
                    with vaselines coated cotton balls, steel wool and a 9v and charcloth in a
                    tin.

                    --
                    Joy from sunny NM

                  • Jerrywpar
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 2, 2011
                      Yeah I know, but I always like to see what I can come up with myself. Besides that, I'm cheap<g>.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 2, 2011
                        This what you're talking about?
                        http://www.backwoodsmanmag.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BM&Product_Code=PTCKR&Category_Code=BM

                        That's the closest thing I see on there. Their store is really
                        disorganized.