RE: [MSM] Re: Please help kill Senate Bill 150

  • Katherine Hayford
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2010
      Those groups, do not or did not, the last time I checked include Monsanto,
      Tyson, Cargill, Con Agra, etc. to name a few of the big guys who will
      attempt to do their take over once the bill gets passed if it is without the
      protection that the small guys need. There are a couple of associations for
      saving seeds that are made up of primarily the little guys that are still,
      for those who have forgotten, working on keeping the sale of saved seeds and
      open pollinated seeds available to all. It is a whole 'nother issue but
      still being fought even though they backed off and are waiting until people
      aren't looking.

      Pernkat

      The government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the
      Christian religion. - John Addams 6th President (1767 - 1848)

      _____

      On Behalf Of robert bowman
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:31 PM
      Subject: [MSM] Re: Please help kill Senate Bill 150

      On Tuesday 30 November 2010 07:52:18 Pernkat wrote:
      > For me the biggest problem with
      > this bill is in who it does not exclude and in the idea of letting private
      > agri-business decide who else might need to be included in the bill.

      Funny how the fight against the Tester Amendment to exclude small, local
      producers was led by the American Meat Institute, United Fresh Produce
      Association, and United Egg Producers.

    • tenzicut
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2010
        This is the latest update as of this morning after they passed it last night.

        http://www.rollcall.com/news/-201012-1.html

        tenzicut
      • Jeanne Lookabill
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
          Most excellent, so far!

          Jeanne

          <http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole>
          http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole

          <http://atasteofcreole.wordpress.com/> http://atasteofcreole.wordpress.com/

          NEW ORLEANS--Our city, Our team, Our time, Our destiny; Our Moment in NFL
          History... Home of the 2010 SUPERBOWL XLIV NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS--THE NEW
          ORLEANS SAINTS. NOW...Who Dat say they gonna beat them SAINTS?

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010
            After it got stuck at the House for a bit, it then went back to the Senate.. and this is the current standing on it. Everyone on the hill is pretty sure it will pass both the House and the Senate this time and then be signed by the president.

            "In order to hurry things along, the House attached S. 510 to another bill, H.R. 3082, the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Act. H.R. 3082 provides spending for Veterans Affairs, mainly for construction and renovation of facilities for training and housing military personnel and also for health services."

            tenzicut