RE: [MSM] Re: Need advice about cell phone

  • Katherine Hayford
    Message 1 of 57 , Jun 30 3:17 PM
      I'm 7 miles from town and have lots of bars until I drop off this mountain
      into town which sits in a valley. No signal in town at all, except.... If
      you go climb on top of the propane tank outside of the county court house
      and get turned just right you have signal, or... You get the picture and
      yes this is the county seat I'm talking about but then we also proudly don't
      have a 911 system or a complete traffic light in the county. There are a
      couple of blinking lights set up but only a couple. However, we all know
      that if we need signal we should start climbing until we start having bars.

      Pernkat

      The government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the
      Christian religion. - John Addams 6th President (1767 - 1848)

      _____

      On Behalf Of robert bowman
      Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 10:04 PM
      Subject: [MSM] Re: Need advice about cell phone

      Montana is the same once you get outside the cities, except along the major
      highways. I'm on a motorcycle list, and some of the people think they don't
      need to carry tools, just a cellphone and a credit card. I tell them they'll

      be able to play games on their phone until the battery dies and then they'll

      have to find some other way to amuse themselves until someone comes along.

      At home, I usually get one bar and I'm only 10 miles from the center of
      town.
      Alltel doesn't even reliably work out here so I'm lucky TracFone uses
      Verizon.

      13:35:00

    • JonquilJan
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 3, 2010
        Guess I'm an older dinosaur. Would have no idea how to 'rip' them to MP3 - or any of the other things you mentioned. (I don't even know what an MP3 is!!) The radio in my car diesn't even work. I seldom drive more than half an hours trip away - and not having the radio (which was tuned to the classical station when it worked) leaves my attention to go to the things around me - which is 90 % 'country'.

        Jan

        Learn something new every day
        As long as you are learning, you are living
        When you stop learning, you start dying