Re: Miranda F/G repair literature WARNING

  • snarkeye
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
      Caution : Infotech operator deceased

      Further to my request for repair information on the Miranda F, and the discovery of a set of three CDs offered by 'Infotech.'

      I ordered the CDs and had no response. I have learned that the owner/operator of Infotech, Lawrence Lyells, died in July 2010. Lyells was a respected author and camera repair technician in the USA.

      Strangely, the Infotech website is still visible, and in apparent operation. PayPal accepts and routes payments. However, email bounces. One of the members of The Classic Camera Repair Forum telephoned the Infotech contact number and was told that Infotech is no longer in business.

      --- In mirandacollectors@yahoogroups.com, "snarkeye" <snarkeye@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for help received, and especially to Phil Green.
      >
      > Further searching, with terms modified every which way, brought me to the Infotech "Vintage Camera Repair" website at
      > http://www.vintage-camera-repair.info
      >
      > The site displays very oddly : not at all in Firefox, and in a slightly strange manner in Internet Explorer. So, I include the listings below in plain text for the Infotech Miranda-related repair information, offered on CD or microfiche.

      [ Remainder CLIPPED FOR BREVITY ]