Re: Out on the high seas, almost.

  • tampa_hillbilly
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Bryan,

      Crawl, walk, run... in that order.

      Being afraid is knowing the risk and respecting the source. Pay
      attention to the wind speed and cloud patterns. Long stretches of
      open water can permit large waves even in a mild breeze.

      Confidence comes with experience. Experience comes with surviving the
      mistakes. Surviving the mistakes gives you confidence. I think the
      trick to making this endless loop work is in not trying to learn it
      all at once.

      I agree with what you implied... slowly stretching your limits is
      good. Sinking is bad.

      Mike

      --- In mirageownersclub@y..., "accdntljibe" <AccdntlJibe@a...> wrote:
      > My weekends are Sundays and Mondays. We put the Mirage in Sunday
      > after church and got about four hours in on the Manatee Creek
      Inlet,
      > the St. Lucie River and Intracoastal. Monday, I got up early,
      > grabbed the big coffee cup and headed for the marina. I did some
      > cleaning and debugging of a few annoyances. We dropped Fletcher
      off
      > with a friend so we could do some childless sailing and headed
      out.
      > Same general area as Sunday except that we sailed all the way out
      > the mouth of the inlet. We were as close to the ocean as you can
      get
      > without actually being there. We had light, steady winds. The
      seas
      > were light. We probably could have gone on out with no problem,
      but
      > I think we need a little more confidence first. I don't want to be
      > one of those stupid people that others read about in the paper.
      The