companionway cover

  • tuscavegas
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hello. I have teak boards covering the companionway opening, but they leak and I'd like to add a practical cover to keep water out and that's quick to open and close. Any ready made options out there, or do I need to have a cover made. I have a marina contact who has offered to make a cover out of sunbrella or weathermax material for $200... Thank you, Matt
    • David P Carmichael
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2013
        I recommend Starboard. I made the hatch boards years ago and they still look great. Cuts just like plywood.

        tuscavegas <tuscavegas@...> wrote:

        Hello. I have teak boards covering the companionway opening, but they leak and I'd like to add a practical cover to keep water out and that's quick to open and close. Any ready made options out there, or do I need to have a cover made. I have a marina contact who has offered to make a cover out of sunbrella or weathermax material for $200... Thank you, Matt

      • Mark Weigly
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2013
          I used cedar channel rustic siding on my 236. Cedar holds up well, stains and seals easily, has rabbited bottom edge. The 4 or 5 pieces store easily in cabin and the rabbited edge keeps rain out. I actually have 2 bottom boards cut one is solid and one has the compass, depth gauge and mount for the GPS in it. Makes it easy to put the electronics in the cabin when not in use. And does not get in the way when someone is leaning on the back cabin wall.

          Mark Wigly

          Sent from my iPad