Re: [Mirage Owners Club] newbie

  • dave harvell
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
      dean would you mind some time getting me the measurements of your cushions my wife wants to get me some made for a christmas present.
      thank you
      david

      On 2011-11-30, at 9:07 PM, dave harvell wrote:

      dean
       the mirage is 1100.00 with 5 hp outboard,galvanized trailer,what seem to be good sails, no cabin cushions but over all a nice clean boat does that seem fair.
      thankyou
      david

    • Dean
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
        Dave,

        Which set of cushions, cockpit, down below or both areas?

        I'll try and get them out of my barn and measure them this weekend (sailing season's all over up here!). Impossible to spec the curve of the cushions though and almost every cushion has a curve next to hull of boat! Another method would be for you to take some newspaper or cardboard and make a test-fit, cutting where needed and then use that as a pattern?

        Dean (BarraWind)

        --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, dave harvell <hadaveha@...> wrote:

        > dean would you mind some time getting me the measurements of your cushions my wife wants to get me some made for a christmas present.
        > thank you
        > david
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Dave Carmichael
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
          Hi,

          We made some using marine vinyl from JoAnn Fabric. I think it is http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/zoomImagedetail.jsp?PRODID=3526431&imageType=m&itemType=sku.

          They often have a 40% off coupon which makes it pretty reasonable. We've had our cushions for at least 6 years and they are holding up nicely.

          DAve

          Which set of cushions, cockpit, down below or both areas?

          I'll try and get them out of my barn and measure them this weekend (sailing season's all over up here!). Impossible to spec the curve of the cushions though and almost every cushion has a curve next to hull of boat! Another method would be for you to take some newspaper or cardboard and make a test-fit, cutting where needed and then use that as a pattern?

          Dean (BarraWind)

          --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, dave harvell <hadaveha@...> wrote:

          > dean would you mind some time getting me the measurements of your cushions my wife wants to get me some made for a christmas present.
          > thank you
          > david

        • dave harvell
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
            thats what we had in mind, mine are missing alltogether,so ill have to buy new foam and all, everything is missing vberth,quarter berth, everything