Muriatic Acid

  • bigredtex68
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2009
      This stuff worked remarkably well. I mixed it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle, sprayed it on, scrubbed with a light brush, and hosed it off. Beautiful. Now all I need to do is put on a new coat of wax.

      I do have another question about the standing rigging. How do I know that I have the right tension on everything? They all seem close even though some of the turnbuckles show more thread than others. Should I buy a tension meter to make sure?
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2009
        Only buy a gauge if you are going to race. You can look up the mast to see if it is bent. Loosten and tighten to straighten it out. you should be able to adjust things by hand. I did mine by hand, then checked it with a gauge. It was pretty close.

        This stuff worked remarkably well. I mixed it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle, sprayed it on, scrubbed with a light brush, and hosed it off. Beautiful. Now all I need to do is put on a new coat of wax.

        I do have another question about the standing rigging. How do I know that I have the right tension on everything? They all seem close even though some of the turnbuckles show more thread than others. Should I buy a tension meter to make sure?

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2009
          Cool, thanks Jim.  I just read the owners manual and it lays out a nice procedure with no mention of gauge.  Should have read that first.