Tension on mast stays

  • Gary Dowdey
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Happy March everyone.

      Well the weather here in SC is looking good already. The Y Flyer
      Midwinter Championship series is happening this weekend at Lake Murray,
      SC.
      As I was at the lake today I was checking out my Mirage and a thought
      occured to me about the tension on the mast stays. I see these gages
      out there for measuring that sort of thing but a J 24 friend of mine
      has one but wasn't sure what the numbers shuols be for 5.5.
      Does anyone out there have a benchmark to go by? What should I be
      looking for in pounds on the cables?

      Every little bit helps, don't you know?

      Thanks,

      Gary
    • joe waters
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        Gary,     Give me a call @ 803.957.5638 about rigging numbers.    Thanks.............joe waters

      • prndl420@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          Joe,

          I just tried to call you. It's about 4:40 Monday.
          I'll try again before I leave work or you can call me at 803-463-5228

          Thanks for you help.

          Gary