New Cabinet and Electrical Upgrades

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      My most recent boat upgrades. I built and installed a cabinet, which
      doubles as my electrical panel. I also installed a marine grade
      stereo, an abundance of switches (6 swithes weren't enough, but 12 was
      too many), new wiring harness, and battery compartment.

      I have posted new photos on my personal page. The link is:
      http://groups.msn.com/RetiredGunner/newcabinetandelecupgrades.msnw?
      Page=1

      Its cold here in Mississippi, but hopefully it will warm up next
      weekend, at least enough for an afternoon sail.

      Mark
      Rhumb and Coke
      Ocean Springs, MS
    • Dave Carmichael
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        Thanks for the pictures. Great ideas. Where did you place the stereo
        speakers?

        Mark wrote:

        > My most recent boat upgrades. I built and installed a cabinet, which
        > doubles as my electrical panel. I also installed a marine grade
        > stereo, an abundance of switches (6 swithes weren't enough, but 12 was
        > too many), new wiring harness, and battery compartment.
        >
        > I have posted new photos on my personal page. The link is:
        > http://groups.msn.com/RetiredGunner/newcabinetandelecupgrades.msnw?
        > <http://groups.msn.com/RetiredGunner/newcabinetandelecupgrades.msnw?>
        > Page=1
        >
        > Its cold here in Mississippi, but hopefully it will warm up next
        > weekend, at least enough for an afternoon sail.
        >
        > Mark
        > Rhumb and Coke
        > Ocean Springs, MS

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
          I cheated. I mounted 6.5 inch round speakers in the cockpit, about a
          foot aft of the hatch. I like the location, but I think I am going to
          mount box patches around the speakers just in case I ever flood the
          cockpit agian (thus, if the speakers blow in, the cabin won't fill with
          water).

          --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, Dave Carmichael
          <dave01dave@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the pictures. Great ideas. Where did you place the stereo
          > speakers?
        • Dave Carmichael
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
            Hi Mark,

            Great job on your boat. It looks fantastic. I need to clean up the
            routing of my wires, add cabin lights and a stereo would be nice. I
            couldn't figure out where to put the speakers. I have the same concern
            about water in the cockpit leaking through the speakers.

            Thanks,
            Dave