Wanted Mirage 5.5

  • monrovia3208
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2006
      Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in good
      condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.
    • dmartinatl
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 3, 2006
        --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "monrovia3208"
        <monrovia3208@...> wrote:

        > Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in good
        > condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.

        I have a mirage 5.5 and in good condition!!! Call Dustin 404 803 0840
        I want to sell ASAP!!!
      • banlota
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 4, 2006
          <monrovia3208@...> wrote:

          > Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in good
          > condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.

          Mirage 5.5 Available for sale in Sault Ste. Marie MI, with johnson 6
          horse long shaft motor and 3 sails (906)-635-1800 at my office, (Joe
          Jazz)press 1 if im not there
        • Tom Ferstle
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 6, 2006

            What price range is monro in?

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

          • davecaliff
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 7, 2006
              <monrovia3208@...> wrote:

              > Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in good
              > condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.

              monrovia3208 - arn't you the E-Bay high bidder on that Mirage 5.5 out
              of Maryland?
            • monrovia3208
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 7, 2006
                --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "davecaliff"
                <davecaliff@...> wrote:

                > --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "monrovia3208"
                > <monrovia3208@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in good
                > > condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.
                > >

                > monrovia3208 - arn't you the E-Bay high bidder on that Mirage 5.5
                out
                > of Maryland?

                Yes Dave I was the highest bidder but not high enough,my maximum
                bid was quite a bit more but I still did not find the reserve price.
              • davecaliff
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
                  <monrovia3208@...> wrote:

                  > --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "davecaliff"
                  > <davecaliff@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In mirageownersclub@yahoogroups.com, "monrovia3208"
                  > > <monrovia3208@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in
                  good
                  > > > condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.
                  > > >

                  > > monrovia3208 - arn't you the E-Bay high bidder on that Mirage
                  5.5
                  > out
                  > > of Maryland?
                  > >
                  > Yes Dave I was the highest bidder but not high enough,my maximum
                  > bid was quite a bit more but I still did not find the reserve
                  price.

                  Thanks for the reply monrovia! We all need to remember that a BRAND
                  NEW 1980 Mirage, with trailor, three sails, compass and knotmeter
                  sold for under $10,000. I whish I had never sold mine.
                • Tom Ferstle
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006

                    (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

                  • Jeff Zipay
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
                      Whatever the market will bear. I would not sell mine for any price!

                      On 11/9/06, Tom Ferstle <tferstle@... > wrote:

                      So, fellow sailors, what do we think a 5.5 market value is today?

                      o        Solid hull – no damage

                      o        Trailer

                      o        5 sails (including spin w/sock. Standard jib + 110, 150 & older main for storm reefing; + brand new main this summer)

                      o        knotmeter

                      o        compass

                      o        wired for all lights w/switch box

                      o        tiller tamer for single handed racing/sailing

                      o        no kitchen (set up for racing only)

                      o        no traditional swing keel problem

                      freebreeze

                      bellarie , mich

                      > > > Kingston Ontario sailor looking to purchase a Mirage 5.5 in
                      good
                      > > > condition,preferably in the north eastern states area.
                      > > >

                      > > monrovia3208 - arn't you the E-Bay high bidder on that Mirage
                      5.5
                      > out
                      > > of Maryland?
                      > >
                      > Yes Dave I was the highest bidder but not high enough,my maximum
                      > bid was quite a bit more but I still did not find the reserve
                      price.

                      Thanks for the reply monrovia! We all need to remember that a BRAND
                      NEW 1980 Mirage, with trailor, three sails, compass and knotmeter
                      sold for under $10,000. I whish I had never sold mine.

                      This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by e-mail and delete and/or destroy attachements.

                      --
                      Jeff

                      Jeffrey Scott Zipay
                      faces...places...spaces

                      407.323.7575
                      www.picturejeff.com
                    • Steve George
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 10, 2006

                        Tom,

                        Certainly the going price for a Mirage 5.5 is 'what the traffic will bear,' but in researching this about a year ago here's what I found:

                        One in good condition with a good set of sails, no major repairs, should bring from $2500 - $3500.  It's really all about the condition of the boat, trailer, and quality of sails.  The boats offered for less need work in most cases, and some of that work might be major.  I am in the finishing stages of a complete restoration of a 1978 model and I would not be able to get out of the sale of the boat what I have into it, and I haven't even purchased new sails!  However, I'm quite pleased with how the boat has turned out.  The funny thing is---though I've had it for two years, it's never been in the water.  This should happen next week, or so.  I know she's excited about the prospect (so am I).

                        Steve    'Argo'

                      • Steve George
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 14, 2006

                          John,

                          I'm located in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  However, I occasionally come up to Michigan to vacation; I also have family there.

                          Steve

                        • monrovia3208
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 16, 2006
                            monrovia3208 is the proud owner of a mirage 5.5. I purchased the one
                            from Sault Ste.Marie. Pays to advertise on this site.Joe & I met at
                            the Port Huron border U.S side at 7.pm 15 Nov. & I was backing it into
                            my shed at 3.am the next morning. Time for some TLC on the boat and
                            hurry up spring.Thanks to you guys that responded to my add.
                          • Dustin Martin
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 28, 2006
                              i have a mirage 5.5 for sail in georgia and asking 1200 aqnd i have an extra sail along with the two sails it comes with. are you interested?
                              Dustin
                              404 803 0840