Re: [Mirage Owners Club] keel pin repair

  • Chas08075@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005

      Gary...Im not sure where you are located, I suggested Stainless for 2 reasons. one is the low galvanic losses and the other is the the restistence to salt water corrosion,  but bronze or a hard brass would do nicely.........Charlie
    • Chas08075@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        Gary  I have heard of others using carpet to slow the lateral sloop....which might be a nice easy thing to help keep you in the water for this summer.. yes a wooden dowel in the top of the keel box above the water line should stop the fore-aft swinging . I'd also recommend a smaller Dia. so it snaps off if you run aground, and not do any damage........and if needs be you can always go to a larger diameter dowel...charlie
      • Chas08075@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          I've had no problem with a 1/2 inch dia keel pin.......but if yours is bent definitely replace it